Responsible for effectively leading and managing operating strategies of retail locations; meeting department, property, and company objectives and goals.
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage department operating budget and P&L, ensuring expense and revenue goals are managed and exceeded. Includes initiating timely actions in response to business fluctuations.
- Oversees the daily operation of Merchandise retail shops, production shops and leased retail locations.
- Directly oversees Merchandise Supervisors and Inventory Control Specialist and ensures that teamwork within the Merchandise Division is promoted and utilized.
- Develop, and work through Supervisors to implement, effective daily operating plan and operating standards.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate designated retail staff.
- Develop and implement department training standards and programs.
- Develop and implement long term host development and enrichment programs.
- Establish and implement processes departmentally and at the shop level, designed to ensure maximized operational efficiencies.
- Develop and manage corrective action plans for sales and leadership staff when necessary.
- Manage all aspects of product flow within the operation to ensure effective processes are followed to ensure appropriate stock levels and to minimize stock loss.
- Direct and Manage division Inventory Control function.
- Develop, budget, financials for assigned area Merchandise division.
- Communicate, govern, and reinforce department visual display standards and general shop appearance standards, in accordance with department guidelines.
- Manage department cash handling and credit card information and loss prevention methods to comply with Property Procedures and Purchasing Card industry (PCI) standards. .
- Manage department staffing and scheduling function to maintain appropriate staffing levels in accordance with business needs and budgetary limitations.
- Develop and implement host relations programs for division, designed to achieve staff enthusiasm, morale and retention.
- Develop and implements programs that enhance the guest experience.
- Schedule accordingly with supervisors/department leadership to ensure park-wide coverage during operating hours, set-up, inventory, etc.
- Ensures that all job duties are performed in a reasonable and safe manner for both guests and employees.
- Participate in the department leadership “Duty” shift rotation including PIC and HIC duties.
- Perform job duties of subordinate departmental roles as necessary.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.Required Skills
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead With Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate consistently and effectively through entire team to ensure standards and expectations are clarified department wide.
- Must be able to successfully liaison with Dollywood Merchandise Leadership team to ensure effective teamwork.
- Must be able to successfully liaison with Dollywood Management and HFE Corporate team to ensure projects are completed.
- Must have high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love qualities strongly rooted in the Dollywood culture by being: patient, kind, humble, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed.
- Able to hear, see and speak.
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Able to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public. .
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods.
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time.
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 100 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 3 years proven equivalent work experience in multi-unit retail required.
- Minimum of three (3) years retail operations or buying experience with sales of at least $1 million required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience directly hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating five (5) or more employees required.
- At least three (3) years experience in managing multiple retail outlets is preferred.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrable supervisory experience required.
- Requires thorough knowledge of accounts payable functions.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word Perfect, Power Point, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Merchandise POS and inventory systems; experience with Pronto software is a plus. Knowledge of Time Force or a Labor Management system is a plus.
- Driver’s License and proof of insurance required.
- Must submit to post-employment offer drug screening and background check.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Assistant Product Category ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Retail Operations ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Product Category Support Manager - Licensed ProductsFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Inside Sales CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec