Exhibitions Project Manager
The Exhibitions Project Manager is responsible for the logistical planning, project development, installation and implementation of exhibitions.
This individual oversees assigned exhibition budgets, develops project timelines, monitors project development and works with key stakeholders to ensure successful implementations that come in on budget and within budget.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILIES & DUTIES:
- Works closely with key stakeholders – including Curators, Conservators, Design, Buildings, and Registrars - to develop exhibition timelines, project plans and budgets.
- Manages complex logistics of multiple simultaneous exhibition projects, supervises work of all exhibition team members, and adjusts work schedules accordingly; applies knowledge of exhibition coordination and project management to planning and execution of concurrent projects.
- Manages relationships with co-organizers and venues on assigned projects; manages shared cost accounting for co-organized projects and invoices partners.
- Assembles, manages, and reports on overall exhibition budgets.
- Assigns and monitors tasks, enforces deadlines, and manages exhibition progress, anticipates and troubleshoots issues, facilitates team collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Schedules and leads project development and planning meetings for assigned projects; communicates progress and next steps clearly and effectively.
- Develops, manages, and updates exhibition production schedules and communicates changes to key stakeholders.
- Schedules and leads detailed installation planning meetings.
- Monitors exhibition budgets and deliverable deadlines, working with staff to ensure projects are on track.
- Reviews lender requirements with Curator, Conservation, Registrar, and Design staff, particularly for case exhibitions to make sure there are no conflicts.
- Utilizes expertise in project management and analysis to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Conducts exhibition-related administrative tasks: compiles and analyzes statistics, creates and processes payments for vendors, exhibition lenders and others, schedules travel.
- Monitors work of outside consultants and vendors as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong project management skills; ability to work under pressure and on deadline essential
- Superior organizational skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and coordinate high volume work
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize needs and time
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through all levels of the institution
Knowledge and Education
- BA, preferably in art history or studio art
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in managing exhibitions preferred, preferably working with a variety of media
- Skills in budgeting and financial analysis
- Basic knowledge of art conservation, registration, and art handling
- Experience reading construction drawings and plans
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills required
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, TMS, and Outlook
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "Exhibitions Project Manager" in the subject line
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Assistant Product Category ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Retail Operations ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Product Category Support Manager - Licensed ProductsFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Inside Sales CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec