Exhibit Designer / Technician
The National WWII Museum in New Orleans is currently seeking an Exhibit Designer / Technician.
This position reports to the Director of Exhibits and is responsible for design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of temporary, special and traveling exhibits, the repair and maintenance of permanent exhibits, and establishing and maintaining graphic standards for all Museum exhibits and internal way finding signage. This position supervises vendors, fabricators, installers, hired labor and volunteers, and requires moderate to heavy manual labor.
- A bachelors degree in industrial design, architecture, graphic design, fine arts, museum studies or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in museum exhibit design and fabrication.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and installing exhibits.
- Ability to work with hand tools and power tools to fabricate and maintain exhibits.
- Skill in drafting software such as AutoCAD, Vectorworks or SketchUp.
- Strong graphic design skills; expert-level skills in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to create design packages that include exhibit elevations and renderings for presentation.
- Experience in artifact handling, mount making, crating and packing.
- Ability to lift, carry and place supplies and exhibit components on shelves, including overhead, up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 12 feet.
- Willingness to work outside of normal Museum operating hours as needed to repair and maintain permanent exhibits.
- Willingness to travel by air to various destinations to install traveling exhibits.
- Strong written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to work overtime during special events, heavy visitation periods, or to meet deadlines.
The National WWII Museum offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, critical illness and accident insurance, 401k and paid vacation and sick leave.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.nationalww2museum.org/employment or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Inside Sales CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Mechanical EngineerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Exhibitions Project ManagerThe Metropolitan Museum of ArtNew York, NY, United States21 Dec
Creative Director / Lead- UAEScruffy Dog Design, Create & DeliverUAE09 Dec