Retail Operations Manager
Since the launch of Farah Experiences in 2008, we’ve delivered millions of smiles to guests from around the world through our growing portfolio of world-class entertainment experiences. Join the team who creates the thrills of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the legendary adventures of Yas Waterworld and the action-packed world of Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi - and be part of the exciting projects to come.
We are looking for a Retail Operations Manager to join our Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi Merchandise team. Below are the job details of this exciting role:
In the position of Retail Operations Manager you will be responsible to ensure that the department runs smoothly and efficiently in all areas of the store operations; these include guest service standards, colleague selling and guest service competencies. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring that colleagues work and thrive in a harmonious working environment by guiding and assisting the Area Managers and other Management colleagues in terms of proper man-management and development of Front Line Colleagues in order to increase colleague satisfaction and decrease turnover.
- Ensuring the Stores achieve or exceed budgeted financial targets by ensuring that the correct Merchandise is displayed at all times, ensuring seasonal promotions and sales offers are planned and launched at the specified times and by developing and managing the Area Managers to reach the required standards and financial outlet targets.
- Setting the goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Area Managers thus ensuring maximum efficiency and profitability for the Department.
- Actively seek and implement operational cost saving efforts in order to maximize the profitability of the Department.
- You will also deputize for the Director in his/her absence.
- To ensure that all Departmental sales areas are operating to Departmental and Warner Bros. World standards with the clear goal of maximizing revenue at all times through training the operational teams.
- Sets clear goals for the Area Manager and operational management team in relation to financial targets for the respective retail stores and retail channels.
- Coaches and develops Area Manager and operational managers to ensure Colleagues are performing to the highest standards at all times ensuring Guest and Colleague satisfaction targets are met.
- To manage the utilization of man-power in order to ensure Park operational standards are met and also ensuring the labor cost is met or falls below budget.
- To conduct Colleague performance appraisals in a timely, fair and constructive manner in order to promote their personal and career growth.
- To coach and discipline Colleagues in a fair and consistent manner in order to motivate and improve performance.
- To interview and recommend candidates for available positions while adhering to the UAE Labor Law and Equal Employment Opportunity policy in order to hire the best suitable candidates for the job.
- To be a positive, consistent and fair role model at all times, ensuring high standards of practice are maintained while motivating, influencing and supporting others to accomplish personal, Department and Company goals.
- To communicate relevant information with Colleagues in order to improve internal communication within the Department and Company.
- To comply with ISO standards at all times in order to drive and improve business excellence through monitoring, measuring, analyzing performance and taking corrective or preventative action.
- To understand, follow and enforce all Farah Leisure Standard Operating Procedures in order to exceed the operational requirements and ensure Guests receive the highest standards of quality and service at all times.
- To develop, standardize, assess and review Department processes, policies, procedures, forms and reference documents in order to structure the Department and assist Colleagues in their operational needs.
- To develop and achieve Department and Company objectives, action plans and key performance indicators in order to support the Company Balanced Scorecard approach in achieving the Executive Strategic Plan.
- To enforce and adhere to all UAE laws, Health, Safety & Environmental policies, industry and company rules and regulations, reporting any safety concerns or incidents to management in order to minimize risk and maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues.
- To manage emergency situations that may arise in order to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any Guests, Colleagues or Company property.
- To represent and promote Farah Experiences Parks Management in a positive manner at all times in order to maintain a professional brand image to all concerned stakeholders.
- To listen actively and respond to Guest feedback as well as assess and review Guest Satisfaction Index results and trends in order to continuously improve and exceed Guest expectations.
- To enforce Leisure Facility rules and provide crowd control in a friendly manner throughout the areas as necessary in order to ensure the Guest`s safety and an enjoyable experience.
- To provide assistance for exclusive use events when needed, and to assist in the preparations of facilities for special functions, themed evenings, etc. in order to contribute to the success of the Company.
- To ensure actual expenses do not exceed the Department budget in order to increase profit.
- To maintain building, facilities, equipment and supplies in order to minimize damage, reduce waste and control costs.
To qualify for this role you must:
- Hold a College or further Education degree
- Have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a Retail Multi-unit Management position
- Possess an excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on man-management and leadership skills
- Have proficiency using MS Office suite (IT) with emphasis on Excel
- Have working knowledge on Budgeting and Profit and Loss account as well as margin calculations
- Have strong Interviewing and Interpersonal skills
- Business Administration Degree
- Operational experience from multiple high volume turnover units such as Theme Parks, Malls and Airports.
- Experience with similar product assortment as found in Warner Bros., Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and other Theme Parks.
- Knowledge of business development
- Additional language proficiency
*Candidates must be happy to be relocated to Abu Dhabi.
Primary Location: Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Assistant Product Category ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Product Category Support Manager - Licensed ProductsFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Inside Sales CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Mechanical EngineerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec