Helix Leisure is one of the world’s leading suppliers to the exciting Out-of-Home Entertainment industry, consisting of theme parks, ski resorts, water parks, video game arcades, bowling, and other destinations people visit for fun and leisure.
Helix Leisure has a network of six full offices around the world in Singapore, Perth, Bath (UK), Dallas, Jakarta, and Dubai to provide on-the-ground support to its global customer base. We supply the market with a full range of products and services consisting of debit card systems, POS and redemption solutions, customer loyalty, booking and ticketing, electronic locker operations, and a full range of amusement and prize-vending games.
We are currently looking for an Installation Technician for our Dallas, Texas office to help support our growing fleet of customers. The primary role of the Installation Technician is to set up and install Embed systems in customer locations and to represent Embed in a professional manner. Additionally the Installation Technician will assist with the repairs and maintenance of Embed system hardware in the workplace and at customer locations and provide systems training and customer support during and after installations. The Installation Technician is accountable for all time and work performed. You will report directly to the Operations Manager with secondary reporting line to the General Manager.
• Setup, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office computer network infrastructure including switches, routers, converters, modems, etc.
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of PC/Server workstation hardware and software.
• Database development and troubleshooting in MS Access and MS SQL.
• Use schematics and datasheets to diagnose and perform repairs on system equipment.
• Perform board level component repairs with accuracy and efficiency.
• Perform production and assembly activities for Embed and system hardware.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the Company on ways to improve Embed product performance, reliability and functionality.
• Be knowledgeable of new developments in available equipment and software and make recommendations to the Company regarding same.
• Work in cooperation with external consultants on software and hardware requirements, configuration and associated installations.
• Ensure that all equipment maintenance is performed as required.
• Ensure that backup procedures are stringently followed to provide for system recovery in shortest possible timeframe.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
• Promote and support Embed products and services to existing, new and potential customers.
• Provide mid-level information technology services for the Company and customers.
• Maintain professional contacts with other companies, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated ability working within and using the applications, support and architecture of the Microsoft Office environment.
• Technical ability and knowledge of computer software and hardware.
• Enthusiastic approach to expanding knowledge of all hardware, software and systems.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
• Removal and replacement of surface mounted PCB components with high level of accuracy and with minimal impact to board surface and other components.
• Database management, support technologies and techniques.
• Repair and maintenance of amusement and leisure industry equipment and systems.
• Computer hardware, software and systems courses or training.
• Domestic and international travel required.
• Passport required.
• Flexibility in scheduling, including evenings and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Reliable transportation to work and airport when travel is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be a complete or exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties or skills that may be required or of benefit to individuals in this position. All employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Exhibit Designer / TechnicianNational WW2 MuseumNew Orleans, LA, United States21 Dec
Support AgentHelix LeisureDallas, TX, United States05 Sep
Sales AssociateRide EntertainmentBaltimore, MD, United States19 Dec
Exhibitions Project ManagerThe Metropolitan Museum of ArtNew York, NY, United States21 Dec