Helix Leisure is one of the world’s leading suppliers to the exciting Out-of-Home Entertainment industry, consisting of theme parks, ski resorts, water parks, video game arcades, bowling, and other destinations people visit for fun and leisure.
Helix Leisure has a network of six full offices around the world in Singapore, Perth, Bath (UK), Dallas, Jakarta, and Dubai to provide on-the-ground support to its global customer base. We supply the market with a full range of products and services consisting of debit card systems, POS and redemption solutions, customer loyalty, booking and ticketing, electronic locker operations, and a full range of amusement and prize-vending games.
We are currently looking for a Support Agent for our Dallas, Texas office to help support our growing fleet of customers. The primary role of the Support Agent is to maintain Embed systems for customer locations and to field support calls in a professional and timely manner. Additionally the Support Agent will assist the Installation Team in setup and support throughout the installation process. The Support Agent is accountable for all time and work performed. You will report directly to the Support Manager with secondary reporting line to the Director of Operations and General Manager.
• Assist the information technology requirements of the office including networking, server, workstation installation, routine management and support.
• Liaise with customers, external consultants on integration and support of the company’s products and services while meeting or exceeding our published SLA.
• Be very proficient in the setup, administration and management of the MS SQL Server environment.
• Administer DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and Group Policies.
• Install, maintain, and upgrade hardware (desktops, servers, network components, accessories).
• Perform tests of all preventative procedures and processes (backups, restores, disaster recovery failover and failback, antivirus, and automatic updates).
• Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their use and access of resources on the network.
• Voicemail, email, and telephone support.
• Maintain adequate service levels for company business system users.
• Server and workstation maintenance in customer locations and alternate workstation sites
• Keep informed of new developments in available equipment and software.
• Provide feedback to the software engineers to improve Embed’s products performance, reliability and functionality.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
• Promote and support Embed products and services to existing, new and potential customers.
• Maintain professional contacts with other companies, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Skills & Experience
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7, 8, Server 2008 and 2012 setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server required with a proven track record of database management, support technologies and techniques.
• Ability to assess and react to rapid technological change.
• Ability to work exceptionally well in a cross functional and team oriented environment.
• Able to effectively handle daily stress levels, complexity, volume and diversity of customer and team member inquiries.
• Must be a people person and be able to professionally deal with different personalities, both internal and external.
• Must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
• Strong written/oral communications at all levels of business required.
• Familiarity with hardware devices such as printers, monitors, touchscreens and motherboards along with troubleshooting and support of device drivers.
• Demonstrated skill with computer networking and understanding of networking architectures.
• Practical knowledge of Visual Basic, .NET and SQL Database management, support technologies and techniques.
• Repair and maintenance of amusement and leisure industry equipment and systems.
• Practical knowledge of computer networking and network protocols.
• MS SQL Certification (desired).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be a complete or exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties or skills that may be required or of benefit to individuals in this position. All employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Associate Director, Colliers International Destination ConsultingColliers InternationalLondon, United Kingdom16 Jan
Engineering ManagerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD16 Jan
Marketing CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD, United States16 Jan
Marketing ManagerScruffy Dog LTDBirmingham, United Kingdom06 Jan
Merchandise ManagerDollywoodPigeon Forge, TN, United States06 Jan
Latest from the webjobs by
General AssistantLee Valley Regional Park AuthorityEnfield24 Nov
2017 Theme Park HostChessington World of Adventures ResortChessington KT91 Dec
2017 Theme Park Customer Services roles - NEW APPLICANTSAlton Towers ResortStoke-on-Trent ST101 Dec
THORPE PARK Resort - 2017 Job OpportunitiesTHORPE PARK ResortChertsey KT1615 Dec
Event Co-ordinatorCheshire EastKnutsford20 Dec
Product Category Support Manager - Licensed ProductsFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Inside Sales CoordinatorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Mechanical EngineerPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec
Retail Operations ManagerFarah ExperiencesAbu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates18 Dec
Project AdministratorPremier RidesBaltimore, MD14 Dec